I Stand for Life

|

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

UST prof gives students points for anti-RH stand - Nation - GMA News Online - The go-to site for Filipinos everywhere - Latest Philippine News


With the RH Bill being a hot topic these days, I saw this article in gmanews.tv.  My favorite Theology professor in college is in the hotseat right now for admitting he gave extra points to students who'll post an anti-RH bill shoutout in their Facebook wall.  In Twitter and Facebook are several comments lambasting Prof. Jalin for encouraging the students to go against the controversial RH Bill.  My viewpoint being a pro-life supporter, I salute him for having the courage to stand and using his influence to help the Church in letting these students realize and understand how perilous and tricky this bill is.


It took me weeks of research and attending several fora on RH bill before I finally made a stand.  It pays to know the arguments of both pro and anti-RH Bill parties and after understanding fully what it is about, I am now a staunch supporter of the Catholic Church against the Reproductive Health Bill.  I even followed the blog http://fightrhbill.blogspot.com/ to get updates.


And just last Sunday, I attended Jason Evert's Real Love Revolution at the SMX.  He talked about not only about chastity and morality, but also touched the hot topic Reproductive Health.


I, being a woman, don't believe that RH Bill is about my health.  After thorough research, I learned that contraceptives have side effects harmful to a woman like me.  The way I see things, the bill is like encouraging everyone to engage in sex with just anybody anyway there are available contraceptives over the counter. 


These are my thoughts, and I can confidently voice out my stand against the RH bill because I know and fully understand the bill.  It is heartbreaking to know that there are some people, especially those without much education, who are standing for this bill hiding under the premise of "pro-poor" when in fact it isn't.  And most of all, I don't want my hard-earned money turned tax money be spent on condoms given for free to just anyone.  There are more important things we should put our focus on, like education, housing projects for the poor, infrastructure and improvement of services and facilities of government agencies, so why spend millions on the implementation of this trivial bill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment