six years in GMA

|

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today, I am celebrating my 6 years of being a Kapuso.

In 2004, I first walked the halls of GMA Network. Armed with my experience as a researcher for two years in the rival network, I embraced my new job as a Production Coordinator for Post, handling promo spots of all local TV shows, subsidiaries and events. It wasn’t really something I dreamed of, or planned to apply for. Nevertheless it led me to experiences and lessons I always wanted to gain.


First stop: HRD. Posted everywhere is the Core Values and Mission/Vision statement of the company. I was quite impressed, and still am. For me, it is always important that the values of the company I’m working in are aligned with mine. “Placing God above all” is indeed what every company, organization and individual should bear in mind. And to value its People as the best assets is something other companies must consider as well.


Project after project, I learn something new. When I first came here, I only have a limited background in Post production process. But now I can say that I know it by heart.


There are still much to learn. And I will never close my door on these new things. After all, being in Post production industry entails working side by side with technology. One moment you’re among those with the state-of-the-art equipment, the next moment you’re outdated.


And now, after working for 6 years in GMA, which incidentally celebrates its 60th year in the industry, I feel very much blessed to have been able to explore this option, practicing what I’ve learned in school and at the same time acquiring more knowledge in this field. It also feels great to be a part of the Philippines’ most-trusted media network that plays a big role in culture-shaping and nation-building. But most important of all, I am elated that I have become Kapuso: serbisyong totoo in words, deeds and thoughts.


Truly, after six years, I am still proud to be Kapuso. And I am hoping that in the next years to come, I can still say the same.

2006 station ID shoot

2007 Sumamer ka na Campaign

2008 Halloween ala Hwang Jini


posing beside the New York Festivals gold


0 comments:

Post a Comment