The Little Prince

|

Monday, November 21, 2011

photo courtesy: wikipedia

 Some quotes from the book that best describe what I feel this moment:


"Les hommes ont oublié cette vérité, dit le renard. Mais tu ne dois pas l’oublier. Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé."
"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." 


"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux "
Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye

"Mais les yeux sont aveugles. Il faut chercher avec le cœur"
But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart

So much for taming the foxes and the roses with thorns, I feel responsible forever for the people, things, places and events I have been a part of.   

"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important." 

"You know — my flower... I am responsible for her. And she is so weak! She is so naïve! She has four thorns, of no use at all, to protect herself against all the world.."

Thank you my Little Prince.

0 comments:

Post a Comment