My First Bazaar

|

Sunday, November 20, 2011

This is quite unexpected.  I never planned to join bazaars this Christmas season but the unexpected turn of events led me to signing up to a series of bazaars with my new business partners.  In fact, our partnership is quite a surprise too.  After we've worked on the charity vintage bazaar, a few of my sisters in the Singles for Christ community tapped me to join forces with them and thus the GALZ group, taken from the last letters of our names (A from Imelda, Z from Emiluz and L from Hazel).  We've added "G" to remind us that our ultimate Boss in this endeavour is God who has led us to each other.

The greatest lesson I've learned so far in this venture is to always bear in mind your objective that is not the selfish motive. There is always a deeper reason for getting into business aside from earning a living.  In this case, the GALZ girls and I share the same passion of inspiring young entrepreneurs in our community to step out of the comfort zone and finally live their dreams.  And I must say that after a few weeks of getting our hands work for our business, we've already inspired a lot of brothers and sisters in the community to try going into business aside from getting busy with our day jobs.  And in a month's time, we've already got a few business proposals, mergers and publicity support from the people in and out of the community.

I still can't say the monetary success of our efforts, but I know with the lessons we've learned from the experience, the GALZ can always venture into more profitable endeavors armed with the skills and learnings, and most of all, guided by the grace of God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment