Magnificat

|

Friday, April 27, 2012

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name. 
Luke 1:46-49

 
Each time I am called to serve or do something beyond my comfort zone, I always go back to Mary's "yes", and her canticle the Magnificat.

Mary's "yes" changed the fate of mankind, bringing to life Jesus, the Savior.  With great faith and obedience, Mary allowed herself to be used to God's work of salvation.  Without second thoughts, she said yes, entrusting to God whatever will happen next.

When I am confronted with the same dilemma, I look up to Mary with such admiration.  She is my inspiration for obedience and magnanimity, giving all of her in the service of our great God.

On the other hand, saying "yes" does not only entail responsibilities but also opens wide the door to a multitude of blessings.  Being called to serve the Lord is a blessing in itself.  Each time I'm asked by the people around me why I don't get tired of getting myself involved in the several projects for the community, I always say that it isn't a chore at all.  Through these projects I get to know myself more, and at the same time, get the chance of meeting new people and making new friends.  When struggles arise and I'm being stretched to the limit, I hold on tighter to the Lord for courage and strength.  Thus, getting me in deeper union with God.

At the outset, I often feel scared taking on a new task. But the Lord always assures us that we will be provided for with everything we need.  When He calls us, God will equip us with the tools to get our missions be accomplished:  leading us to the right people to help us, providing us with the financial and physical resources, and strengthening in us the virtues of patience, perseverance and humility.

And when "he has looked with favor on his lowly servant" and feel I am unworthy of the attention given to me, I strive to be more pious to combat all the oppressions And overcoming those, the more that I realize that the Lord is far greater than all my worries combined.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment