happiest thought of 2010

|

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Yesterday, a friend asked me what my happiest memory of 2010 is. And for me, it is a very hard question to answer.

This year, my Mama died and lost all my savings from her treatment. Because of that, I also incurred a lot of payables. I wasn’t able to join my friends in our annual summer outing. I wasn’t able to attend the Davao conference I’ve been planning to go to.

At work, I wasn’t considered for promotion. Instead, there spread some nasty rumors about me and a feud against a co-worker.

If I will focus on the heartbreaking memories and not think of the good I gained from those experiences, I can never move on. I will only encourage negative thoughts to fill me and I don’t want to welcome 2011 like that. And despite everything that happened this year, I still want to enumerate the blessings I received so I can come up with my happiest 2010 memory.

With the death of my mother, the bond between me and my sister strengthened. Now it is like, me and her against the world. It is said that through hardships you will know who your true friends are and with the experience, I realized that my real best friend in life is my sister. We stood by each other through thick and thin, and I can say that nothing can ever destabilize our sisterhood, our friendship.

I also learned a lot, from being independent and strong-willed to being compassionate to the people in need. I learned my lessons the hard way, nevertheless thankful that I gained so. I realized I should live each day as if it’s my last and never hesitate to show loved-ones that you care for them or it might be too late. Cliché but these are the most important things everyone should’ve realized long before.

Though I wasn’t doing really good at work this year, I recognized my priorities. With my free time, I can attend Singles for Christ activities for spiritual nourishment and still have time for my business. Last July, I got to attend the Metro Manila Conference in Silang, Cavite and felt so refreshed with the insights I got. Last August, I headed the Unli-Love Fully Loaded anniversary event of SFC-Claret. I was more elated to know that some of our Christian Life Program participants were actually inspired to join us after watching the concert.

I also continued my violin lessons and I am just so glad to have the time I need for practice. Last February, I had my recital and my super loyal fan Joel came to UP Diliman all the way from Las Piñas just to see it.

Work isn’t so much stressful and demanding these days, one the perks of staying in B2 position. Of course I still would want to be promoted given the chance, I miss the hectic workload I used to have. Anyway, this year I handled Q11’s Buhay Q Kumpleto station ID, Christmas campaign and a handful of corporate AVPs in a breeze. Not even my bosses noticed we’re doing a launch.

I still can’t point to a single memory but I can say that my 2010 has strengthened my grip to the Lord. Each experience has pushed closer to God. And with the trials I faced, I became more dependent on His providence, thus counting each time I wake up a blessing in itself. Every morning is a step closer to reaching my goals and a day away from my depressing past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment