11.11.11 (unabridged)

|

Friday, November 11, 2011

To be honest, I waited for a long time for this day to come, perhaps hoping that something really good will happen.

Maybe I'd get to my dream destination, a grand vacation with the person I care most about.

Or how about walking the aisle to say vows with him?

Hah?!  Of course that didn't happen.  And that never will.

But then something good came out of 11.11.11.

Had a great bonding time with my friends in the church community I am in, and a very fruitful business meeting with my partners. Also had a very hearty breakfast chat with my family that morning, a rare occasion for me.

I realized, why do I keep looking for happiness elsewhere when it is actually right in front of me.  Why do I waste my time sulking in loneliness when in fact I am surrounded with loving and caring family and friends. The Lord has constantly blessed me with so many good things, some even undeserved, but I keep focusing on what I've lost that I fail to see the blessings I already have.

Knowing who esteems me high, I won't need to go searching for love somewhere else. I guess I should also give up my futile attempts to reconcile differences from the past that I know will never find their places.  

Someday, I will be complete and totally healed.  And hopefully soon, I can share myself again with someone as whole as I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment