Pursuit of Happiness

|

Monday, April 23, 2012

Lately, I've been having recurring thoughts of considering a really unconventional vocation.  Since my last year's encounter with the Dominican Sisters of Saint Joseph at the Bethany Orphanage, until the more the recent one during my birthday, I've been entertaining thoughts of finding deeper happiness there.

And just this past Holy Week, when my friends and I went on a pilgrimage to Regina Rica in Tanay, Rizal that I realized I am experiencing an unfathomable bliss when I go on contemplation.  Also, I find it really intriguing what keeps the sisters of Regina Rosarii in their calm composure even under the extreme heat of the sun. So one Thursday afternoon, I went to their contemplation session in their sisters' home in Scout Fernandez.  We reflected on that week's Gospel (John 20:19-31):  Jesus sending out His peace to the disciples.

The experience was all I needed to refresh myself from the stressful week.  That contemplation session also got me thinking deeper the vocation the Lord wants me to pursue.

For several nights I tried listening to God's voice through my prayer time.  And for more than a week now, the message is the same: His great love.  I realized that because of His great love for each of us, He has planted the desires in our hearts.  The best way to glorify Him is to pursue that dream so that we may lovingly serve Him  best.  All He wants is for us to be happy and be grateful for the blessings He's given us by being good stewards of His creation.  Hence, whatever vocation you choose, do everything in loving service of our Great God.  And from that springs genuine happiness in life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment