the seed

|

Monday, November 29, 2010

Twenty nine years ago, I was baptized a Catholic. And I’m so glad I was.

Though I wasn’t aware back then, I can’t be more grateful now that my family has introduced me to religion, most especially Catholicism. When I was younger, my concept of “binyag” is limited to having a bunch of godparents to receive gifts from every Christmas. And now, I am so glad that the seed of faith that was planted in me has already produced a sprout. After realizing how wonderful it is to live this faith, being made a Catholic is one of the greatest gifts my family has given me. Though my parents are not the hardcore religious, they introduced me to God and His works, sent me to Catholic schools from pre-school to college.

It took me a long time to realize I should be a practicing catholic. With a lot of my friends and relatives shifting religions, I know I should give my current conviction a chance. After all, I have been so passive for quite a long time before I was awakened by some circumstances.

Some years back, I was telling my friends I wanted to be saint. That was meant to be a joke but those friends were dead serious about my ambition. Why not strive to be one, a friend said. After all, we are all called to be saints, to live like them and perhaps, inspire others to do the same. That’s really ambitious though, but just like my dream of getting myself a broadcasting network for a business, I could start with a small step. And with that little action, I will just let God do the rest. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment