i miss you

|

Thursday, October 14, 2010


After six months of not having you around, it finally sank into my mind that I’m not gonna have you back again.

And the more I realize that, the more I miss the times we shared together:
  • Our jologscapades, having small conversations over Pop cola and KC bakery bread.
  • Our weekly trips to Baclaran church and side trips to the bazaars, fruit stands and pancitan.
  • How early I’d wake up in the morning to prepare your meal, the clothes you will wear and the meds you need to take.
  • Our favorite merienda of penne pasta with spicy tuna tomato sauce or banana frittters.
  • The moments we shared a laugh while doing our laundry, cooking in the kitchen or weeding out in the garden.
  • I miss going to Mass with you in tow, then after we’ll have our dinner in the mall opposite the church.
  • I miss our trips to the grocery and local wet market.
  • Every time I wonder how perfectly our heads fit each other’s shoulders when we go asleep in a public transport.
  • I miss how you tuck me to sleep at night, and when our roles reversed, spending sleepless nights beside you in your bed.
  • How we share a kilig moment over a cheesy Chinovela.
  • How I loathe your favorite actresses and you dislike mine.
  • We have a lot of differences growing apart, but deep within us, we are of the same flesh and blood.
Of course, I don’t want to end this entry with a sad a tone. After all, this blog is supposed to count the blessings I get in my lifetime. Though we’ve lived together only for a short time, I am still very grateful because those brief moments we’ve shared are the times I can say I felt genuine love only a mother can give. The selfless, caring acts extended to this egocentric gal introduced her to the world of loving service only from a family can spring.  

I love you Mama! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment